How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12196
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My partner and his tew brothers, one now deceased, signed an

This answer was rated:

My partner and his tew brothers, one now deceased, signed an agreement in 2003, wherein they all agreed put the home in Scotland into a trust and make my partner the sole trustee. The one remaining brother now wants to sell the home, who has final say in this matter?
Thank you for your question.

If the property was placed into a trust then the trust will own the property. The trust is administered by the trustees. If your partner is the sole trustee then he is responsible for the trust and its property. He presumably can make the decisions about the property in the interests of the beneficiaries.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you