How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 13518
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Hi I live in Aberdeen Scotland and bought a new build home

Customer Question


I live in Aberdeen Scotland and bought a new build home in July of 2012 with BETT Homes and as part of the terms of agreement with them, there are repairs to the home which if they should occur they would have no issues dealing with them. Repairs have since been required and I had reported it through the customer service system as they requested. They came back to say that these repairs would need to be done once the house settled. The house has since settled but despite our constant reminders for the past 7months now they have constantly ignored my phone calls. They even put through to a manager who appeared to arrange a visit but did not keep to his own appointment and have ignored my calls ever since. With the series of unfolding events, it appears BETT are deliberately for some reason breaking the terms of enagegement and I would like advise on how to take this further please. Thanks
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

I assume the property is covered by NHBC. That being the case you are still within the two year defects liability period. You should report the matter to the NHBC. They will inspect and ask Bett to do the work. if Bett refuses or delays NHBC will do the repairs and charge Bett the cost of doing them.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.