How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12081
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I feel my lawer dident work with my best intrest at hand

Customer Question

I feel my lawer dident work with my best intrest at hand
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

If you think your lawyer was negligent as a result of which you lost money or suffered some other loss, then you remedy is to instruct another lawyer to pursuer your lawyer for damages for professional negligence. The lawyers insurance company would deal with the claim.

On the other hand if you are simply dissatisfied with the service you received because it was slow or poor or lacking in some other way you can make a complaint to the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission. The Commission has the power to investigate the case and if they find that you have received an inadequate professional service they can order compensation or a refund of fees paid.

You can look at the Commissions website online. I'll send you the link.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.