How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

my daughters partner is threatning to get their daughter three

This answer was rated:

my daughters partner is threatning to get their daughter three and a half days a week he said he can do this as his name is XXXXX XXXXX certifacate
Thank you for your question.

He is talking nonsense. He has parental rights because he is named on the birth certificate. That doesn't automatically entitle him to three and a half days a week. It doesn't work that way.

Your daughter is presumably the parent with care therefore the child resides with her. He is entitled to contact to the child at such times and place as is deemed to be in the child's best interests. That is rarely half of the time given the upheaval for the child. There is no normal or legal amount of time; it depends what is in the best interests of the child. Frankly, is view of it is simplistic and naive.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you i feel more assured now.