How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I work for a charity part time and part time for myself. I

Customer Question

I work for a charity part time and part time for myself. I am required to have PVG Disclosure. My old disclosure had expired and I was required to apply for the new PVG as
I work with vulnerable adults. At the time of application the charity was not a
Member organisation that could countersign applications and therefore
I duly applied for the PVG in my own right paying £59. In due course I received my certificate stating I was free to work with vulnerable adults. This all
happened in January 2013.

In July 2013 I was asked by the charity for my Membership number for my PVG so they could register an interest and I duly signed a form agreeing to this. In due course I received another membership form from PVG. The charity had asked me to sign the wrong form and as a result a new membership form was sent out by PVG and is charging the charity £59 which they are trying to pass onto me to pay. am fighting with them saying they had me complete the wrong form and that they are liable.

What is the position legally? Is the Charity at fault for getting me to sign the wrong form?
Is PVG company at fault sending wrong certificate and not querying it. Will I have to pay the £59 even though I am not at fault?

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

It seems to me that you complied with the requirement incumbent upon you by getting the PVG in your own right. If the charity then follows that up and gets you to sign the wrong form then that is their look out and they should pay.

You had already got the PVG.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.