How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12176
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have a legal separation from my husband 2004. How do I now

This answer was rated:

I have a legal separation from my husband 2004. How do I now divorce him?
Thank you for your question.

Do you have any children under the age of 16?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no, no children. we live separately. No dependants

In that case you can do the following:

Go to this link and print this form:

Fill in the form and get it notarised by a solicitor.

Take it to the local sheriff court with your marriage certificate. Pay the court fee.

Your divorce will be granted within 4 to 6 weeks.

Happy to discuss further.

In the meantime please leave positive feedback so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you