How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12071
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

my husband died last june since then my stepson has locked

This answer was rated:

my husband died last june since then my stepson has locked me out the house and his brother has made himself executor.both boys are claiming that i was not ordinarely resident which has still to be resolved yet. i want my belongingings and furniture from the home of which i have receipts i will need a court order for this but my question is will this allow me to enter the house and retrieve my belongings instead of them gathering some things and leaving it for me
Thank you for your question.

A court order would normally ordain them to deliver the items to you. Any other arrangement would be by agreement between the lawyers.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you