How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12183
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Under Scottish Law - What is the procedure for obtaining a

Customer Question

Under Scottish Law - What is the procedure for obtaining a restraining order?
Depite repeated requests to stop annoying me a former associate keeps calling at my home asking for money based on a form of emotional blackmail. We were once intimate and although we are no longer she keeps returning, despite repeated promises not to return.
She has a drink problem and highly stressed.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

You have two remedies and you can use either or both.

1. A common law interdict preventing this person from contacting you and placing you in a staten of fear and alarm or distress.

2. An order for protection from harassment under the statutory legislation.

The matter is dealt with in the sheriff court and you will need a solicitor to help you as the action is a lot more than a form filling exercise.

I am happy to discuss any further questions you have arising from my answer. I appreciate this is a very stressful matter and hope that I can help you.

Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.