How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12179
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am separated from my wife for 3 years. I am on a joint mortgage

This answer was rated:

I am separated from my wife for 3 years. I am on a joint mortgage with her of which I pay the lions share and she currently resides in the marital home. I have been living in one of our jointly owned rental properties. My wife wants to put the rental property back up for rent , which I am quite happy with as I now work and reside in a small flat 100 mile away. I just want to know if I have the right to store my belongings in the marital home until the date of the marital home sale? I am not referring to furniture, just personal belongings such as books etc which could be stored in the loft. Do I have the right to enter and leave things there?
Thank you for your question.

Yes you do as the property is in joint ownership.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you