How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12188
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Many residents in our rural area in Halbeath Scotland have

This answer was rated:

Many residents in our 'rural' area in Halbeath Scotland have recently found out that the farm land that currently surround our houses and gardens is to be used to build houses, which we think will be flats. Currently we have open views. We were not approached with this information, we found out by word of mouth. We are starting to attend meetings and develop a small group, but wondered if we have any rights to object, other than our privacy will be greatly impacted, our lovely views and ultimately the value of our homes.
Thank you for your question.

Is this a specific application for planning permission which has been made by a developer of this a proposal by a council to change the local plan so as to allow possible consideration of a planning application in the future?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This forms part of the Dunfermline and West Fife local development plan. The development company have put forward a proposal. The company have been given control of the land, and it is believed that the proposed housing meets with local approval(?)

I have heard of this proposal I think. Is this a housing development on land which belongs to a larger estate?

You have to find out what stage this is at from the council. If the local plan has ready been altered so as to permit housing as a use for this land then it will be a question of lobbying and objecting to any planning permission application as and when one is submitted.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you