How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12198
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

frEdinburgh City council to costs of repair to shattered

This answer was rated:

frEdinburgh City council to refund costs of repair to shattered tooth caused by fall on badly uneven method of achieving this?
Thank you for your question.

You have to establish that the defect was one which the council knew or ought to have known about and that there was at least an inch in unevenness.

You can ask the council for a claim form and submit it. If they reject your claim you should see a solicitor to proceed with the claim. Sometimes I feel they reject claims from the public directly in the hope that they will go away but they will take a claim intimated by a solicitor more seriously.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you