How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12091
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My ex is saying he cant pay child maintenance as he has to

This answer was rated:

My ex is saying he can't pay child maintenance as he has to go bankrupt and his business has closed pending liquidation, he can't work to earn money and can't support his child, what can I do?
Thank you for your question.

Unfortunately you can't force him to work and if he gives up work the CSA will also give up seeking child maintenance from him unless and until you tell them that he has another job.

Sorry I can't be more positive but the system doesn't legislate for people who give up working.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you