How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Childs Claim against a scottish will

Customer Question

How should I word a claim letter against a Scottish will when a child has been left out.

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

You write to the executors stating that you want to claim your legal rights in the estate and thy have to let you know once the estate is ingathers what the amount of legal rights is.

You, along with any siblings have a share of a third of moveable property if there is a surviving spouse or a share of a half if there is no surviving spouse.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.