How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 7
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

Angus Council are insisting that we pay £550 for route fees

Customer Question

Angus Council are insisting that we pay £550 for route fees to march in our annual Declaration of Arbroath Rally: Arbroath April 6. At first the Roads Dept. tried to blame the New Police Act. The police have no objection and we have never had trouble or complaints in the last 20 odd years of marching there. We said this was against all rights of Free assembly and a breach of Civil Liberties and that this means only wealthy organisations will have the right to march. I trust I do not need to point out to you the wider ramifications. They then threatened to put road traffic signs up and double the price. On Friday they summoned us to meet Council representatives in Arbroath this Wednesday, 3pm in the Town Hall and suggested we bring a solicitor, which makes the costs even more prohibitive. Donald XXXXXXXX (on behalf of the Scottish Republican Socialist Movement.) XX XXXXXXXXXXX XX Glasgow XXX XXX XXXXXXXXXXX

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,