How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12081
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Dear Sirs, thank you for your email, I would like to pursue

This answer was rated:

Dear Sirs, thank you for your email, I would like to pursue the garage from whom I purchased the car for expenses required in order to make the car roadworthy. Unfortunately I am back working in France, it seems I need to approach a Small Claims Court closer to where I bought the car, this would mean returning to the U.K. making a claim via the Small Claims Court, say in Edinburgh then waiting for a hearing to be arranged this could mean a long wait in Edinburgh, at some considerable expense, is it possible for me to nominate someone to act on my behalf? Best regards, D.XXXXXX

Thank you for your question.

The action has to take place in the court nearest to where the defending party is. As long as you are using the small claim court you are allowed a representative but you would have to appear in court to give evidence at any full hearing.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear Sir, thank you for your email, this was all the advice I needed, I hope there will not be a full hearing and the claim can be settled in the Small Claims Court.

Thank you for your informative reply, D. XXXXXX

You're welcome. Don't forget to leave positive feedback on the system so that I am credited for my time.