How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12081
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I ordered a combi boiler from home and heat

This answer was rated:

lordered a new com boiler from home and heat last august and paid a deposit of £200.00 I didnt hear any more for months but I wasnt too bothered as the boiler I have still works. The months were passing and i thought i would give them a phone i was told they werent sure if they were getting the eco funding and i would hear from them again so i let it go. I was fed up not knowing what was happening so i phoned again and told them not to bother just to cancel it and i would like my deposit back they said no problem i would get a cheque in the post . A week went by never heard so i phoned again got another excuse that the person who signs the cheques was having some personal problem but i would get the cheque as soon as it was signed. this has been going on for weeks and i still dont have my cheque. they have given excuse after excuse what can i do about it apart from lose my temper i feel they are making a fool of me. do i have a case?

Thank you for your question.

You can raise a claim in the small claim court.

You can get the forms here:

Before doing so you should write demanding the money back and advising that you will take them to court if they don't pay you within 7 days.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you