How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I live in Scotland and have just got a statutory demand. My

This answer was rated:

I live in Scotland and have just got a statutory demand. My house I stay in is owned but I am not on the deeds but I'm on the mortgage my mother is on the deeds. If I'm jaded bankrupt can they come after the house? Also do you no any company's that can sort this out for me..
Thank you for your question.

If the house is not in your name then it can't be touched unless you transferred it to your mother on a gratuitous basis within five years of being made bankrupt.

It is suite unusual for you to be on the mortgage and not hold title. Are you simply a guarantor? Check this.

As far a getting someone to sort this out for you call the law Society of Scotland and they will put you onto someone in your area. See for contact details.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you