How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12181
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

We are not completely satisfied with the triple glazing which

This answer was rated:

We are not completely satisfied with the triple glazing which we had installed three years ago. We have had "remedial" visits but the problem still exists. Our last two letters of complaint have not even been acknowledged never mind actioned. What regulatory authority can we contact to resolve our problem? We are in Aberdeen and the company is registered in Scotland
Thank you for your question.

You can contact Trading Standards at your local council but there is no specific regulatory body for home improvements companies.

You also have the option to make a claim for damages in the sale of goods legislation.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you