How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12173
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Hi, I had a house (family home) which was written in my

This answer was rated:


I had a house (family home) which was written in my ex name.

all expenses such services and insurance cost picked up by myself.

Going through my papers, I find that we are both have building Insurances cover for the same building with different insurers.

As such I intend cancelling my policy. Am I entitled for any refund on my contributions.
Thank you for your question.

If you have paid the full insurance premium for the year and intend cancelling before the year end you will get a refund of premium. However, just because you were double insured does not mean the insurance company has to refund you for past premiums. It is not their fault that you were double insured.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you