How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12176
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Hello, I have been living in the UK for the past 8 years working

This answer was rated:

Hello, I have been living in the UK for the past 8 years working all the time, I am from Poland and I don’t understand English. I meet a woman that I fell in love with. After 2 years of knowing each other she gave birth to our daughter, we was supposed to get married and live forever happy, as a family. She then first got all the money out of my bank out. Later on a sunny day she called the police on me they arrested me, I don’t know why. My partner at that time cleared all my house form furniture, microwave, check books (she returned them after) my car which paid for all of this as she come with just a laptop. And the most important she took my daughter and she made it difficult for me to access to her, I also paid for her passport which now I regret because I’m scared that she will take my child and I will never find her. She lived in Hull and now she lives in Aberdeen this is about 400 miles away from Hull.

I can speak english and I don’t understand it. She took all my money and left me ins debts. Can I do anything about it? If I can what should I do? I need to get my daughter back.
Thank you for your question.

As your daughter stays in Scotland now you will have to instruct a solicitor in Aberdeen to go to court and seek an order in respect of your daughter and perhaps proceedings against your ex for payment of a sum of money.

You should get in touch with a lawyer in Aberdeen immediately.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you