How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12190
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My wife and I are getting divorced and her communicatons have

This answer was rated:

My wife and I are getting divorced and her communicatons have become more and more abusive - not to the extent that the police should be called = but enough for me to dread opening any emails or texts from her. I cannot afford not to open them as I need to know from her if there are any changes to plans regarding my access to the children etc.
I want to stop receiving any direct communications from her. Is there an organisation I can use to be an intermediary? I do not want to deal with her at all anymore unless there was a dire emergency regarding my children.
Thank you for your question.

The answer to your question is no. There is no agency that can assist you here. You can however ask your solicitor to help you. Your solicitor will be able to help you between your self and your wife. You can instruct your solicitor to say to her solicitor that she should not contact you directly.

You can also change your phone number and your email address so that she cannot use this directly.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you