How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12067
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Can I claim my ex employer for not allowing me into the company

This answer was rated:

Can I claim my ex employer for not allowing me into the company pension scheme, even though it was included in my contract. I worked for the company for 2y 10m. I asked a few times about getting on it. One of the times I kept a sent email asking for inclusion, but never got replies in writing, just fobbed off. Someone told me I could claim for this. Can you advise please.
Thank you for your question.

If it is in your contract of employment then the employer is in breach. You can go to the employment tribunal with a claim, yes.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What can I claim for in monetary terms? The contract states: 'There is a stakeholder pension scheme applicable to your employment. Further details are available from your Manager. A pensions scheme contracting-out certificate is not in force in respect of your employment'.

What length of time do I have?

It would be more a case of getting an order for your employer to comply with the contract and admit you to the scheme. If you no longer work there you financial loss would be the amount you would have gained had they admitted you to the scheme when they should have.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you