How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12071
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My husband has remarried and I have no knowledge of any divorce

Customer Question

My husband has remarried and I have no knowledge of any divorce how can I find out.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

You can ask the local sheriff courts both local to you and to your husband. They can easily search on the names and if the divorce was within the last few years they will be able to trace it.

If the divorce may have been a while ago you can ask the General Register Office for Scotland to do a search. Their website with contact details is

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.