How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12179
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

i am in dispute with my landlord because he has allowed a re

This answer was rated:

i am in dispute with my landlord because he has allowed a re cycleing company to use the remaining 7units on this part of the estate to become a council tip and very dangerous for my customers and the general public i have run a boatbuilding business for over 45years and usually employ between 3-5 operatives on a permanent basis do i have a case
Thank you for your question.

The common law position is that a landlord has to allow a tenant peaceful possession of the property. From what you say that has been breached. You may have a case, provided the lease doesn't say anything to the contrary.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you