How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12188
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have received an initial writ for a sum of money (£7,000

This answer was rated:

I have received an initial writ for a sum of money (£7,000 ) for a supplier which I cannot afford to pay at this time. I have read through the paperwork and would like to apply for a time to pay direction. If I go with this option and I don't fail to make the payments, will this show as a decree on my credit score?
Thank you for your question.

Yes it will as the court grants an instalment decree. It will show up on a credit report as a decree or CCJ as it's normally expressed even though that's an English term.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you