How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12195
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have been advised that Japanese Knotweed is growing at the

This answer was rated:

I have been advised that Japanese Knotweed is growing at the bottom of my Mother's garden, which has come from the local paddling pond and pathways owned by the local Council. The Knotweed is growing on the Council land and has permeated my mother's garden from there. Can you kindly advise if the Council are responsible for eradicating this infestation at their expense as my mother is a pensioner and, without the funds to pay for this action to be undertaken?
Thank you for your question.

Yes, there is a valid claim against the council as they have caused a nuisance and your mother is entitled to ask them to alleviate the nuisance.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you