How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12181
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

hi my wife left the house saying could not live with me anymore

This answer was rated:

my wife left the house saying could not live with me anymore but we live in a councel house and it is my pension credit that get's the housing benefit but the house is in her name and now she want's me to move out
Thank you for your question.

You have occupancy rights in the house even if the tenancy isn't in your name. You could apply to the court for a transfer of the tenancy. At the moment however if you don't want to move out then she can't make you unless she says that you have been violent towards her or similar.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions I can help you with and I will be happy to help.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you