How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12176
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

How and where do I press charges against somebody who committed

This answer was rated:

How and where do I press charges against somebody who committed peace of the breach against me?
Thank you for your question.

In Scotland a private individual doesn't press charges. He or she makes a report to the police. The police investigate. If they think there is enough evidence they will charge the person with the offence. The police then report the case to the procurator fiscal who then decides if the person will be prosecuted with the offence.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you