How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12193
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

my wife got half of everything I had when we separated over

This answer was rated:

my wife got half of everything I had when we separated over 2 years ago but now she wants more money when I applied for a divorce - she also got to keep all the house contents - where do I stand - Scots Law applies
Thank you for your question.

If the divorce has now been granted she can't ask for anything more.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

divorce has not been granted as she has raised this objection

Why is she asking for more. And is it a capital payment or a periodical allowance,ie, maintenance payments. She seeks?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she says she wants a lump sum final settlement - I thought she had already received all that she was entitled to and more

No, that's nonsense if the property and assets have already been divided. You should resist this and if necessary the court can decide.
JGM and 2 other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you