How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12188
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

In scotland when separating from our partner is she entitled

This answer was rated:

In scotland when separating from our partner is she entitled to any of my personnel savings. She has not contributed to any of it.
Thank you for your question.

Do you have children? Has she contributed to the relationship, financially or otherwise in so that it could be argued that she has suffered any kind of disadvantage in the interests of the relationship?

Did she give up a house or a job or anything similar?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There are no children. She has not contributed financially from the 18 years together she worked part time for 12 and that money she used herself.

She was in a council flat when we met. I bought a house using £27000 deposit of my money and then added her name onto the deeds. I am prepared to give her half the value of the property.
Thanks. From what you say she is not entitled to anything else.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you