How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12176
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

me nad my wife bought a house on mortgage with the help of

This answer was rated:

me nad my wife bought a house on mortgage with the help of the scotland, as that is the place we are living. we are in separation at the minute being and i want to sell the house but my wife will not agree. is there any possible way that i can make her sell the house (by law) or how can I get rid of morgage so that she payes it her self? or can i not do that ?
Thank you for your question.

Yes, the way you have to do this is to ask the court to make an order for the sale of the house. If your wife then asks to keep the house it will be for her to apply to the lender to take on the house in her own name.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you