How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 13
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

My husband is the non resident parent of an nearly 19 year

Customer Question

My husband is the non resident parent of an nearly 19 year old daughter he has always paid his CSA maintenance and never missed a payment even though he has not been allowed to see his daughter for nearly 4 years now. (the mother has stopped all contact between them). This is because we believe she is trying to hide the fact that his daughter is doing an online course and she is claiming that as full time education. it's a very long and drawn out scenario we have even involved our MP. my husband has never missed a payment for either of his children. He is on the old scheme and can not be moved over, so he is told and he now will have to pay for another year as the legislation has now changed to cover children until they are 20. There are many questions I could ask as you could imagine but an unfortunate turn of events has seen me his wife now lose her job. If I end up going on to job seekers allowance does this have any bearing on his assessment for payments. Someone has said if I or he was on certain benefits JSA being one of them then the CSA could put him on a flat rate? I was wondering if this is true?

I would really appreciate any help with this. My husband is on the verge of a nervous break down due to all this.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  clairep80 replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is ***** *****
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Has your husband attempted to see his adult daughter at all?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Clare


Yes on numerous occasions. But we live in the Midlands and she lives in Scotland. But all attempts to see her when we go to Scotland have been denied. He has tried writing to his daughter, contacting her on social media and via house phone (which always goes to answer phone) and if course via the mobile number he has for her which he has since found out is nit his daughters number but his ex wife's number. But to no avail. He has asked the ex wife if he can talk do his daughter with her present if he came to the house she refused and said if he turned up at the house she would call the police. My husband is a Prison Officer and can nit afford to have any trouble with the police as it would result in him losing his job. My husband is desperate to see his daughter and is heart broken by the whole situation.

Expert:  clairep80 replied 4 years ago.
Since she lives in Scotland this is a matter for Scottish Family Law so I shall opt out and transfer you
Please be patient and they will be in contact with you in due course
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Please can you cancel this question for me and organise a refund of the amount of £22 back to my account.