How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12181
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

i have not been mentioned in my fathers will but have had a

This answer was rated:

i have not been mentioned in my fathers will but have had a letter from his solicitors informing me that i am entitled to receive a portion of his estate under my Legal rights I have returned their form confirming that I wish to claim this money - do I have to do anything further or is this all that I have to do?
Thank you for your question.

That is all you have to do. They should send you a legal rights calculation once they have assessed the extent of the moveable estate.

Then they will send you a cheque for your share of the estate.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you