How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12190
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

i owe taxman 10000 and cant pay house in joint names but my

Customer Question

i owe taxman 10000 and cant pay house in joint names but my debt i am aged 66 can he force a sale of house i am self employed part time now my wife age 60
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

He can't force a sale of the house straight off but he could make you bankrupt. The trustee in bankruptcy would either sell the house or ask your spouse to pay your share of its value into your estate for the benefit of your creditors.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.