How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12091
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

If a friend borrows money £3.500 pounds doesnt pay it back.

Customer Question

If a friend borrows money £3.500 pounds doesn't pay it back. Ignores telephone calls what do I do please.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

You can sue her for the money in the court or you can serve a bankruptcy demand on her which, if she doesn't respond, you could then ask the court to make her bankrupt.

Both of these would involve you in expense and you would have to involve your solicitor to take the case to court. If she was a friend and you know where she stays sometimes a face to face with her might bring results.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.