How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12183
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

got a new morgage 3 months ago . My partner has now left and

This answer was rated:

got a new morgage 3 months ago . My partner has now left and wants me to sign the flat over to him we put a ten thousand pound deposit down jointly can you please advise?
Thank you for your question.

Is the flat owned jointly?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
In the absence of any reason to the contrary, such as imbalance of payment of mortgage etc, the sale proceeds would be divided equally or one would buy the other out for one half of the equity in the house.

Happy to discuss any specific questions you have.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It was the deposit I was asking about.
Your partner would have to pay you one half.