Hello,Can you tell me if I should still pay my property

Can you tell me if I should still pay my property solicitor there fees after they forgot to say I had a noted interest. I was about to accept the deal when the noted interest called me and asked why they were not being considered for the sale of the house. When I told my solicitor this they dropped me as a customer and handed it over to another property solicitor.

House was then sold and I paid the new solicitor fees etc. Now four months have passed and I have just received a bill from the old solicitor saying that I own 1% of the sale of the property and the advertising fees.

Where do I stand in this situation. I still have all emails to show they messed up and handed me over to the other solicitor.

If they ceased to act for you then they have terminated the contract and are not entitled to their fees. I presume the emails you have support this position. Tell them that they are not due their fee and if they persist report them to the Scottish Legal Complaints Commission.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.