How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12188
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have been accused of assault at work. I think i have been

This answer was rated:

I have been accused of assault at work. I think i have been set up, there are no witnesses to this alleged assault. Now the guy has worded a strong letter to my company, thus putting presure on them to have me sacked. What can i do about this ?
Thank you for your question.

You should fight fire with fire and instigate a grievance against thIs employee on the basis that he has made a false accusation against you. Your application to instigate the grievance procedure should clearly narrate that this allegation has been made without any evidence against you and in your opinion is to set you up for dismissal.

Your employer has to follow the grievance procedure and investigate your complaint thoroughly and reach a decision on the evidence. The employer has to act fairly and reasonably. If there is no evidence, it's unlikely that he can do anything other than to uphold the grievance in your favour.

I assume there is no disciplinary history which could stand against you.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you