How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12187
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I was in court a few month ago and paid just over £6000 solitors

This answer was rated:

I was in court a few month ago and paid just over £6000 solitors fees the case was thrown out due to the victim saying I was not the person who assaulted him so I was wrongfully accused is there any way I can claim my money back as I had do nothing wrong?
Thank you for your question.

There is no procedure whereby you can ask the state to refund your legal costs.

However, if the complainer acted dishonestly and in bad faith you would have a case to claim damages for the amount you had to pay. You would have to raise an ordinary action in the sheriff court. In addition to the sum sued for you could also claim interest at 8% and judicial expenses to offset against the solicitors fees you would have to pay during the course of the action.

Happy to discuss further.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and 2 other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you