How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12535
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

If a tenant were to grow in one of my properties as

Customer Question

If a tenant were to grow cannabis in one of my properties as a landlord would I have a duty to inform the pólice (property in Scotland)
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

Yes you would, as you could be prosecuted as the property owner if it was subsequently found out that you knew about it and didn't report it.

See online the case of Sweet v Parsley which was a House of Lords case and is accepted as being the law in Scotland as well as on England.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.