How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12195
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am on bail with special conditions attached. I was wondering

Customer Question

I am on bail with special conditions attached. I was wondering at what point it may be possible to apply to have some bail conditions relaxed. My
Solicitor and social worker have indicated this could be possible. I have been told it may take a year for my case to come to court. It's been 2 months already.
A basic outline of events: after a long period of recovery I relapsed into alcohol addiction. I am very ashamed but I took my 6 month old son for a walk an unintentionally dropped him. He suffered a skull fracture, but very thankfully nothing resulting from this. He has been given the all clear and has no further follow up appointments. I am
Now fully back in recovery. Engaging with child and family social work and doing well.
Bail conditions were that I could not live at my home address, and that I could only have access to my sons by way of a social worker. This has increased from once a week to 3 times a week already.
My husband and family are fully supportive. I understand that if they were relaxed it would still be supervised but perhaps when supervised by family and under the direction if a social worker.
I just wondered all going well (which it will do) how soon could it be possible and how long would it take for the conditions to be relaxed considered?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

You can apply for a variation of your bail conditions at any time. If the social workers are behind you on this and are happy for family supervision to take place then your solicitor should get a letter or report from SW and make the application to the court. On a change of circumstances you have good prospects of this being granted.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.