How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12069
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

ive ask the council if they would sell me a bit of land 5mx14m

This answer was rated:

ive ask the council if they would sell me a bit of land 5mx14m next to my house,they said yes £3000, £100 for deed plan,and meet all legal fees in this transaction,what are the legal fees,would i be paying the councils solicitor,would i need to get a solicitor, what would it cost
Thank you for your question.
The council are looking for you to pay their legal fees and you would also have to pay your own solicitor. Legal fees are a competitive market and you would have to get specific quotes but typically expect to pay the council's legal fees at about £500 plus VAT and searches of about £40. Your own legal fees would be about £600 plus VAT and registration fees of £60.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you