How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 13672
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Hi on behalf of my mother I would like to know the next steps

This answer was rated:

Hi on behalf of my mother I would like to know the next steps to take due to landlord negligence resulting in my mother getting carbon monoxide poisoning due to a now condemned boiler, having to moving out of her home with nowhere provided for her to live and having to take time off of work due to illness and travel expense. Please if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
Thank you for your question.
Your mother has a claim for damages and could sue the landlord through the civil courts. She may also want to submit an application to the Private Rented Housing Panel which can order repairs and impose penalties. See She could also report the landlord to the local council and they can threaten to remove his landlord registration.
Happy to discuss further.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and 2 other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your time and advice it has reaffirmed what I thought she should do. thank you for getting back to me so soon.