How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12178
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I'v recently had a child with a serial liar he know stays in

This answer was rated:

I'v recently had a child with a serial liar he know stays in a flat with his boss and has his own room and when our son stay with him he sleeps in his room in a cot, but will sleep with his dad if needs be. my ex partner now has a new girlfriend and she is staying the night with her little girl which means they will all be staying in the one room and if our son wants to sleep with his father it means he will be sleeping with the both of them surely there has to be a law against this?
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes i am pleased to wait for a reply

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Thank you for your question which has been transferred to me in the Scots law section to help you.
It isn't in the best interests of your son to sleep in a room with two adults and another child. There is no specific law against it but the best interests of the child rule is what you have to argue. The way you have to deal with this is to say that you aren't allowing contact at all on an overnight basis. He can then take you to court for a residential contact order. You can argue against it on the basis stated. The court can then, if it agrees that it is not in your son's best interests, make an order banning contact overnight if the girlfriend and child are staying.
If he breaches this he can then end up in contempt of the court order. So let him go to his solicitor. He will probably get the same advice.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12178
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you