How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

If I sell part of my house plot to somebody else and agree

This answer was rated:

If I sell part of my house plot to somebody else and agree Joint access to the main road, can the buyer then grant access to other parties or adjoing properties accross our joint access?
Thank you for your question.
No, of there is a joint right of access, neither party can increase that right of access without the consent of the other. It would be good practice to ensure that the conveyancing deed should be drafted accordingly.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you