How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12199
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I've just been informed today by the CSA that I am no longer

This answer was rated:

I've just been informed today by the CSA that I am no longer entitled to any maintenance payments for my 17 year old daughter as she has started a degree course at university. My daughter is still living at home and is financially dependant on me. Her father will not pay a penny unless legally bound to do so. Is there any way I can compel him to make a financial contribution to her upkeep?
Thank you for your question.
Your daughter can claim maintenance directly from her father either via CSA or if they decline jurisdiction, which I think is wrong, your daughter can apply for legal aid and sue her father for aliment in the sheriff court.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you