How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12179
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

my wife and I are to separate. We hope to come to a financial

This answer was rated:

my wife and I are to separate. We hope to come to a financial agreement. The nortgage is paid through her bank account and therefore, the proceeds of the sale of the house will go there. How can ensure that my part of the settlement goes to me and not to her account?
Thank you for your question.
The written agreement will be governed by this and the money from the sale will go to the solicitors who will have to act in accordance with the agreement.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you