How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12176
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

A Local Authority [ LA ] has a Buildings Insurance Scheme [

Customer Question

A Local Authority [ LA ] has a Buildings Insurance Scheme [ BIS ],this is a Maintenance Unit for their own property, LA's property is insured by RSA.
A an owner of Flat in LA's Property . when insuring their Proprerty -my insurance is logged into thei Property --when insuring their Property with RSA all Schedules come from BIS
Question is LA allowed to act as a Rebuilding Insurer by using their BIS
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
The title deeds are likely to provide that the local authority as original owners can provide a block insurance policy and charge each owner a proportion of the premium. So you should read your title deeds and see what the insurance provisions say.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 years ago.
Can I assist you further with this?