How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12179
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have legal guardianship for my elderly mother who is in a

This answer was rated:

I have legal guardianship for my elderly mother who is in a home , a large cheque has come in in her name and she has no bank account and I can't put it into my account how can I resolve the situation
Thank you for your question.
You can do one of two things:
1. Ask the payer of the cheque to reissue in your name as guardian of your mother.
2. Open a bank account in your mother's name with you as guardian named as the operator of the account. Most guardians open a bank account entitled "XY, guardian of AB".
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you