How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 12179
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

HI Me again, in 2011 I asked my solicitor on the advice of

This answer was rated:

Me again, in 2011 I asked my solicitor on the advice of social work and police to seek a custody order for my son Ryan, I got a Decree of residence order against my wife Nicola, the order reads that Ryan McAteer to reside with the pursuer in terms of section 11 children (Scotland ) act 1995, Intedicted the defender from removing the child from the care and control of the pursuer, or outwith the Sherrifdom of Grampian Highlands and Islands, I thought I had a custody order, what is the difference between a residency order and a custody order,
Thank you for your question.
There is no such thing as a custody order any more. The 1995 legislation provided for residence and contact orders which simply order where a child is to stay and to what extent the absent parent has contact.
Orders for custody and access are longer competent under the law of Scotland.
I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you